Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Can a Macro utilize an auto filter?

It seems that you could just tell them to select from the filter arrow.
However, to do what you want, try recording a macro and then using " &
range("a1") & " instead of the recorded reference.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Susan" wrote in message
I have column in my spreadsheet and it already has an autofilter associted
with it. I use the custom auto filter function to do a "contains" search
for
a particualar string I am looking for. I was wondering if I could create
macro that is associated to a button that does the same thing? I want an
un-experienced user to be able to type the string they are looking for
into a
text box, click the button, and all the fields in that column that contain
the string will appear. Is this possible?