Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gabriel Gabriel is offline

Default Add New Rows

Bob,
Thanks for the reply, but the code you wrote efectively does the same thing
as mine. It still generates the run-time error.
--
Thanks,
Gabriel

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

With OptionVal
regTopRow = .Row
regRows = .Rows.Count
End With

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Gabriel" wrote in message
Can someone tell me why the following code generates the following error:

Dim regTopRow
Dim regRows
'OptionVal is a variable that stores the worksheet from another part of

the
code
'OptoinVal does work

Worksheets(OptionVal).Activate

regTopRow = ActiveSheet.Row
regRows = ActiveSheet.Rows.Count

The error that is returned is a:
run-time error '438'
Object Doesn't support this Property or Method.

I am assuming that I don't have the correct 'reference' set.

Basically I am just trying to activate the indicated sheet, move to the
last record then move back up 3 rows and insert a new row... the last row

is
a "totals line" that keeps a running total and I want the new records
inserted above that record.

Thanks for any help.
--
Thanks,