Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PCStechnical PCStechnical is offline

Default Creating a warning window

I did a test one in another worksheet that looks like this
regular hours other total
6 2 8
6 8
8 8

the demensions are columns a:c and rows 1:4

questions:
which cell do I validate?
when I tried validating in cell d3 the formula I put was (=a3+b3=c3)
and nothing popped up. Solutions?

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
You really don't need a macro for this. Look at Data=Validation and use the
custom formula option. On the other two tabs in the dialog you can specify
messages that pop up and so forth.

Debra Dalgleish
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

look under D and then Data Validation.
Tom Ogilvy

"PCStechnical" wrote:

I'm working on a timecard project. I want to create a popup window
(userform) when the values someone inputs on the worksheet for their
regular hours + other hours does not equal the time interval they
inputed.

Example: I input that I worked from 8:00am to 4:00pm (8hr day). I can
break down my hours between regular work hours and other hours
(overtime). If the employee puts in 5 regular hours and 10 other hours
for that day, obviously that is more than the 8 hour day they claimed
they worked.

If this scenario was true, I want a window to pop up telling them that
their hours don't equal.

CAN I DO THAT?

PCStechnical