Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tibbs tibbs is offline

Default Update value of variable from one sheet to paste into another shee

Thats great thanks, I'm using it in a macro to select standard pages for an
electrical drawing from a spreadsheet. The final list will be imported into a
cad package as a .prn file to create electrical drawings automatically from
the standards sheets.

Thanks again.

"tibbs" wrote:

Could somebody please tell me how to select a specific cell and store the
text string of the cell into a string variable.

I then want to seach for the string on another sheet and paste into the cell
on the RH side of the cell that was searched for.

e.g

Dim i As String

ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select
i = ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1

' search for i on another sheet.

Sheets("Standards").Select
Cells.Find (i)
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1=i

Is this correct ?
I'm pretty new at this and have had no training.

Thanks for any help you can provide.