Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alok Alok is offline

Default VBA platforms?

I am afraid as far as VBA is concerned, it has to run within the framework of
one of the MS applications - Excel, Access, Word and Visio. (I might be
missing one or two more!)

It can do not MS application specific processing - for example processing
data in text or binary files but you still need to open the MS application
where the VBA code resides and run the VBA code from there.

The other option is to use VBScript - which is not tied to MS Office
applictions and can be run outside of those applications. Or you can use
JavaScript.

Alok
"dr chuck" wrote:

Does VBA have to run on a microsoft platform like Excel?
Are there other options?

What if i want to run my VBA program and have it not appear as an excel
project?

--
dr chuck