Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Backslider Backslider is offline

Default Error when doing a paste

Doug Glancy wrote:
Backslider,

I've spent half an hour looking at this. I can reproduce the problem (XL
03) but I can't figure out the cause.

I notice that if I drag the fill handle using the mouse, it works fine, but
when I copy and paste, it fails as you describe.

Good luck.

Doug,

Thanks for looking into it.

This is a simplified example of what happens in our commercial
application (using VSTO 2003), so the "drag" workaround isn't going to
work. I don't think it is feasible to tell the customers that they
can't copy/paste.

If I could come up with some kind of code workaround to get Excel out
of whatever state it is in that it doesn't let you put the UDF into a
cell, that would be viable.

Jaimie