Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] elie.constantine@gmail.com is offline

Default Range function with Arabic Text

Hi Nick

I am trying to read cells values then build an insert statement to
insert the data into an oracle database. The procedure is working
properly for English text in the cells.
x_row = 0

While x_row < 10
x_col1 = Range("A" & CStr(x_row))
x_col2 = Range("B" & CStr(x_row))
x_col3 = Range("C" & CStr(x_row))

x_SQL = "INSERT INTO xxp_temp (inventory_item_id, qty_stk,
item_code) VALUES ("
x_SQL = x_SQL & x_col1 & ","
x_SQL = x_SQL & x_col2 & ","
x_SQL = x_SQL & "'" & x_col3 & "')"

conOracle.Execute x_SQL
x_row = x_row + 1
Wend

NickHK wrote:
Not sure what you are trying to do, but ..
Dim MyRange As Range
Set MyRange=WorkSheets(1).Cells(1,4)

MsgBox MyRange.Value

NickHK

egroups.com...
Hi Nick

It's Range(cell1, Cell2) As Range

Thanks

NickHK wrote:
The VBE is pretty much tied to the OS language. So if you do not have an
Arabic system, so you will never be able to see the real value, say in
the
Debug window or with Intellisense.
However, VBA can work with various langauge.
What is your function signature ?

NickHK

egroups.com...
Hello

I have in an Excel sheet a cell A1 that contains arabic text. When I
try to use Range("A1") function I get a "Type Mismatch" error. While
debugging the code I get "????????" as a value for Range("A1").

Could somebody help me please.

Thanks