Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Fuller John Fuller is offline

Default How come the function '=SUM(A2:A6)*24' doesn't work

I believe what everyone is saying is that the function works perfectly,
it is your logic that is flawed. Give us some more details on what it
is you're trying to do so we can help you out. And I might also
suggest posting this in the worksheet functions group not the
programming group.

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 03:56:02 -0700, Glyndotcom
wrote:

In Excel the function '=SUM(A2:A6)*24' is suppose to give Total hours worked
when the total is greater than a day (25.33333), but it doesn't.

What will?

Regards Glyn

It is hard to tell what's going on since you give so little detail.

The formula works.

Common reasons for unexpected results with time summing include bad data or bad
formatting.
--ron