Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default 60 Second Countdown NOT using the WAIT function...

Trevor,
You can use one the many Timer classes available
http://vb.mvps.org/samples/project.asp?id=TimerObj

NickHK

"Trevor Williams" wrote in
message ...
Hi Nigel,

I don't think the OnTime funtion will work as it waits for a pre-defined
time before it runs a procedure, and since I don't know when the user

wants
to stop the countdown, I can't set it.

Is that right, or am I missing something?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

"Nigel" wrote:

Maybe you could use the Application.OnTime function ??

--
Cheers
Nigel

"Trevor Williams" wrote in
message ...
Hi all

I am creating a 60 second countdown in XL2002 which currently uses the
system time and the wait function: Application.Wait (Now +
TimeValue("0:00:01")). After each second a cell value decreases (60

down
0) and another cells Interior.Colorindex is changed.

This works well, but I need to be able to interupt the countdown to

add
data, and then resume the countdown - something that can't be done

using
the
wait function.

I would like to interupt the countdown by pressing a button, which in

turn
pops up a userform to add data to a table - (again, something that

works
but
not whilst the countdown is working!)

Is there another way of approaching this?

Thanks in advance!

Trevor