Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected][_2_] brian.baker13@googlemail.com[_2_] is offline

Default Macro referencing identical text

Hi

I am new to Macros and think they are great. I work in food
manufacturing and do a lot of work in costing materials usage etc

Everyday I run a file from my ERP system from work and generate it as
an excel file.

I then do loads of calculations based on aggregating the financial
costs of items so for instance I may want to look at 'ingredients' by
aggregating jam, sugar, glucose etc. The trouble is that these items
are not necessarily on the same row each time I run the report from my
ERP. Is there anyway I can create a macro that will locate and
calculate the materials by their names rather than a cell reference?

Regards

Brian