Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve E Steve E is offline

Default List of unique entries in range

Hi,

In XL2003.
I have a range of cells (M18:M32) that can have as many as 15 different
entries and on the same worksheet I am trying to list the unique entries
(normally 3 - 4 are actually unique within that range). I want the list of
unique entries to update itself whenever an entry is made into the range.
I'm trying a Worksheet_SelectionChange event as follows using some code that
I found by Ron Coderre in the group posted about a year ago...:

Option Explicit
Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) 'ExtractUnique()
With Target
If .Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Me.Range("M18:M32"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Me.Unprotect (PWORD_Worksheet)
Me.Range("M18:M32").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
CopyToRange:=Range("M36"), Unique:=True
Me.Protect (PWORD_Worksheet)
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
End With
End Sub

I want to use the results in this list as criteria for a VLOOKUP function if
there is an entry in M36...

When I make a change in my range... nothing happens...

Can anyone tell me what I've gotten wrong?

TIA,

SteveE