Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H.[_2_] Mike H.[_2_] is offline

Default If a cell contains a certfain value, Beep

I want to be alerted if a certain value would ever be the value of a cell.
For example, if I have a balance sheet and the total Assets do not equal the
total liabilities, I want to be notified. But I don't want to have to run a
vb macro to be alerted. I thought I could just get a notification when the
recalc is done that something is wrong. How do I set this up? I don't want
to add a Watch to a cell, because you get no visual or audio that there is a
problem. It just shows up in the watch box. I want to be beeped the instant
an out-of-balance condition is created. Thanks for any help you can give me.