Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joeeng joeeng is offline

Default Determining if selection change was the result of ENTER

I have figured out to accomplish this. Place the OnKey calls in the
beginning of the Worksheet_Activate and Worksheet_SelectionChange
subroutines. Then reset the OnKeys in the Worksheet_Deactivate and at the
end of the OnKey macros.

"joeeng" wrote:

The problem is that I only want this to trigger on one worksheet, and only if
the {ENTER} results in an intersection with particular cells. I can't see
how I can make the OnKey work for this circumstance. I might be missing
something though.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

You can capture the key press of the enter key (note there are two enter
keys) something like this...

With Application
.OnKey "{Enter}", "MyMacro"
.OnKey "~", "MyMacro"
End With

The macro MyMacro will have to mimic a normal enter but that is just
seleting the cell you want... Check out this link...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...HV05203370.asp
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"joeeng" wrote:

How can I code vba to determine if the selection change on a worksheet was
the result of pressing the ENTER key?