Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Us date versus EU date problem

You can also check your regional settings in Control Panel to see if it is
set for English(United States) on both computers.

"Jan T." wrote:

Thank you for helping. But I am curious why my two Computers behave
differently?
I am using same OS and same software version. Another thing here is that I
am using
ADO 2.8 and will save records including dates.

There must be some settings I have overseen, don't you think?
Anybody?

Regards
Jan

"Dave Peterson" skrev i melding
Maybe you could have the user type the date in an unambiguous format:
October 2, 2006
(so it'll be clear to both your code and the user)

or use a calendar control...

Ron de Bruin has some tips/links at:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

"Jan T." wrote:

I use Office2k and windows XP on two computers.

But, when I make a UserForm1 with a text box, my initialize procedure
set the TextBox1.Value = Date. However the result differ on the two PCs.

One UserForm shows US date format 10/2/2006. The other Computer has
exactly the same code but shows 02.10.2006 (e.i. October, the 2nd.,2006).

Now I want the european date format "dd.mm.yyyy". How can I achieve
this? Or what settings should I change?

Thanks in advance for helping!

Mvh
Jan.