Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Create a .xla to open a spreadsheet

Was the advice to create an addin or a COM addin. A regular addin has little
more security than a regular spreadsheet... COM addins are pre-compiled and
much more difficult (darn near impossible) to crack...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Diane" wrote:

I would like to make one of my spreadsheets available to be purchased, but do
not want others to save it & give it away.

I got some good advice to create an add-in for this spreadsheet to lock it
down a bit, but am not exactly sure how to do it. I followed the msdn
instructions of how to save a file as an add in, but am unsure how to have it
open a spreadsheet without allowing it to be changes/saved and without having
the spreadsheet be accessible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Diane