Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] fre@home.net is offline

Default Excel VBA coding - Outlook and Shut down issue

Still does not work. I even put it on a blank workwook with nothing
but the button and the button code. Does the same on both computers
here and at work.

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 13:29:01 -0700, JLGWhiz
wrote:

Add this line just before your Ap.Quit statement:

ActiveWorkbook.Saved = True

It works for me.

" wrote:

Could someone please help me with the folowing code? It is called
from a button and attaches a file to an email.

It works fine except two things.

1 It will get an error on Set EmailItem =OL.CreateItem(OLMailItem)
if outlook is not already open. How can I change it so outlook does
not have to be already open?

2 Application.Quit closes the current workbook, but does not close
excel completely. I need it to shut down completely.

Sub Button6_Click()
Dim OL As Object
Dim EmailItem As Object
Dim FileName As String

'Shut Down Screen and Events
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.EnableEvents = True
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

' Setup OutLook Object
Application.EnableEvents = True
Set OL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set EmailItem = OL.CreateItem(OLMailItem)
FileName = "Attachment.xls"

' Load Email
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\" & FileName
On Error Resume Next
With EmailItem
.Subject = ActiveSheet.Name
.Body = ActiveSheet.Name
.Importance = 2 ' 0 = Low 1 = Normal 2 = High
.Attachments.Add "C:\" & FileName
.Display ' Load The Email
End With

'Shut down Excel