Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] mike.r.harris@blueyonder.co.uk is offline

Default Focus on textbox of Choice

Bob Phillips wrote:
I am not clear on what your objective is here, and what is or is not
happening.

When I select a checkbox, the caption is loaded into a textbox, AND the
focus is in that textbox. If I uncheck it, the textbox is cleared and there
is nothing to focus on. Similalrly, If I select a cell, the textbox loses
the focus.

Bob thanks for the reply...........

Bob the intention is to have the user select one or more CheckBox
option/s The caption is the leader text for the rest of the user input
into that box. There are 5 textboxes. The focus does indeed work "the
first time" but if the user, after completing his input into the first
box, checks another..... the focus briefly appears in the second
textbox then gains focus on some obscure cell. But repeat this
operation, which clears the box as intended, and click again and focus
is within the second box? It is if you can't switch focus from one
textbox to another even if prior to running the main code you oblige
it's idiosyncrasies by placing the focus on a cell.
Although there are more Checkboxes then textboxes it would be rare to
need to tick them all.
Indeed some already have a tick to show a compliance. This seemed the
easiest way to stear the user into dialog if he altered the default
state of the Checkboxes.
Hope this all makes sense.