Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Spreadsheet security

In general there is no internal XL security that can't be bypassed by a
moderately interested person who can find these newsgroups. See:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

and

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html

Your best bet for anti-piracy would be to redesign and compile your
spreadsheet as a COM add-in.

In article ,
Diane wrote:

I have created a complex spreadsheet with a lot of functionality. I believe
others in my industry might be interested in purchasing this spreadsheet to
use in their operations.

Is there a way to put a license or protect it in some way to prevent those
who purchase it from giving it to others to put on their computer? Perhaps a
window asking for a key and maybe even an expiration date.

I was also thinking of allowing a trial use of the spreadsheet. Can the
ability to open the sheet have an expiration date?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.