Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
beginner here[_2_] beginner here[_2_] is offline

Default Linking a VBA button to Excel cell

I have tried to locate my answer by looking at the questions and answers from
prior posters, but have been unable to locate what I am looking for.

I am looking for a way to combine two results as one, and then look at that
new result in a PDF file, that is named the same. I know how to combine two
results into a new cell, what I do not know how to do is the VBA coding that
needs to be attached so this button can look up the PDF file by the same
name.

Example:

In Excel in cell [B2] you select from a dropdown list say Oregon, and then
in another dropdown list in cell [F2] you select Salem. Then in cell, [G2]
B2 and F2 would be combined to look like this. [Oregon-Salem]

So now, I would click on a button that would go where I store my PDF files,
and find and open the file called Oregon-Salem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve