Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GlenC GlenC is offline

Default Procedure fails after updating XP to SP2

My VBA procedure worked yesterday. This morning I upgraded my XP Professional
with Service Pack 2. After the upgrade, when I tried to run the procedure I
got a Microsoft Visual Basic message box with 400 to the right of the red
circle with the X in it and an "OK" button and a "Help" button. Pressing the
"Help" button just produces a blank page. After stepping through the
procedure I found that the problem appears at the second of these lines:

Sheets("Test Matrix").Activate
Range("A3").Activate 'problem line

This is the first change of active sheet. Prior to this point Range worked
fine. Subsequent attempts to activate a range also failed with same error
even when original sheet was re-activated.

Changing the problem line to:

Activesheet.Range("A3").activate

eliminated the problem on that line.

Am I going to have to add the sheet specification to every occurance of
"Range" (there's a boatload)? Or is there another way to deal with this?

--
Glen