Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK[_3_] NickHK[_3_] is offline

Default Change Author Name

Look at the ThisWorbook.BuiltInProporties of the WB.

NickHK

"Dean" ...
Often, I am asked to make massive changes to workbooks that have
originally
been created by another, usually someone who has left the company. They,
and
I for that matter, would prefer that I be listed as the new author. As I
alter the file, I tend to rename it, via ¡¥file save as¡¦, as -1, -2, etc.
However, often when I do file save as, and begin to enter a revised name,
see the old author¡¦s name showing on my monitor in a fleeting fashion, as
if
a reminder to me that I am not really the author! Long ago, under file,
then
properties, I changed the author¡¦s name to my own and it has not changed
back, so that is not the problem. And so I ask:

How else can it be that these files still think the old author is the
author?

Thanks!
Dean