Tom

Thanks for the reposnse Bernie, but we have many spreadsheets deployed out to
users already, and more could be created by them. I'm looking for a better
way to do this without adding new columns that users do not want to see. Can
this behavior be overridden somehow? Is there another way to do this?

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Tom,

Use another column: Include, with values of Yes or No, and include it in your pivot table, showing
only Yes.

Then when new data is added, enter No into that column for the new accounts, and it won't affect the
current pivot table.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Tom" wrote in message
I have a pivot table that contains accounts and reports sales by account.
Users selected the accounts they want to see and save their spreadsheet. When
new accounts are added to the accounts list, users do not want to see the new
accounts. They only want to see the accounts they selected from a previous
session when they refresh the pivot table.

Does anyone know how to prevent the new accounts from appearing in the pivot
table?

Thanks!