Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Adrian T[_4_] Adrian T[_4_] is offline

Default Changing text in a rectangle (shape) using a macro

Hello,

I created a rectangle on Sheet1 and named it txtClaim. It links to cell
Sheet1!A1 that has a value of "10-yr claim rate = 10%". The idea is that
everytime Sheet1!A1 is updated, the text in txtClaim is also updated
accordingly. Now, I want to make a copy of Sheet1 onto a new workbook. The
new txtClaim now links to [worksbook1.xls]Sheet1!A1. What I'd like to do is
to break the link and retain the text "10-yr claim rate = 10%", so the new
txtClaim does not depend on the original workbook anymore. How can I do it
programatically?

Please help,
Adrian T