Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SmartyPants SmartyPants is offline

Default auto update

SmartyPants wrote:
How do you set an excel file to update it's links automatically when
you open it, instead of asking you everytime?

I know how to turn it off in my excel (tools,options,edit).

What I'm asking is if you can somehow set this option for the worksheet
itself, so that no-one ever has the option whether they want to update
the links or not.

I'm dealing with relatively computer illiterate people here and they
don't always understand that you have to update the links, and half the
time they choose no and screw everything up.