Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stopher Stopher is offline

Default Pause a macro to allow editing

Dave Peterson wrote:
You can split your macro into two parts.

Run the first portion.
do the work
run the second portion.

Susanlwh wrote:

I have designed a macro in Excel 2003 with a yes/no message box. It is
working properly but I need to be able to stop the macro with the yes click
and edit the spreadsheet for any duplicate entries.

I would like to be able to:
Click the yes button
Edit the spreadsheet
Hit enter to resume the macro

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

--

Dave Peterson

Just put a pause in the code, run it and then when you want it to
resume just hit the next line command and then play. I'm guessing this
is just for code editting, or is it more of a user interface thing
where you ask the person to check for duplicates, if they hit yes it
pauses the code and resumes on enter?