Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter Huang [MSFT] Peter Huang [MSFT] is offline

Default Excel Add-Ins without VSTO

Hi Morten,

I agree with Nick's idea.
In nature the Office is still COM based, but in Office 2007 we have wrapped
the COM interface.
e.g.
In Excel 2003, if we want to write addin for Excel, we have to use PIA(
which is a .NET wrapper for office interface), and after we write class
library to implement COM Addin interface and register it to COM
In Excel 2007, We have more choice, e.g. application level Addin which did
not need register to COM, but this is because we make more efforts to use
VSTO to help load the .NET assembly and interactive with Office
application.(but it seems that you did not want VSTO).

Also since office 2007 is still in beta release, as for the development on
beta product you may try to post in the forum below.
Visual Studio Tools for Office
Questions on using Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Microsoft Office System
to create managed code solutions in Excel 2003, Word 2003, InfoPath 2003, &
Outlook 2003
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...ID=16&SiteID=1

If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Peter Huang

Microsoft Online Community Support