Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KDJ KDJ is offline

Default Inserting lines according to number of days, adjusting date

Hello

I am using Excel 2003.

I have a table showing meetings. This includes StartDate, EndDate,
Information (about the meeting) and Room. In most cases, the
StartDate=EndDate.

However, for those meetings that take more than one day, I need to have an
entry for each day so that a daily schedule of "what's on" can be printed.

I need to insert additional lines for the additional days, and copy the
information from the original entry into the new lines. I then have to change
the StartDate and EndDate for each day.

Example- if the meeting started on October 1 and finished October 3, the
original entry is:

StartDate EndDate Information Room
October 1 October 3 Bla bla bla 301

The new entries should be:
October 1 October 1 Bla bla bla 301
October 2 October 2 Bla bla bla 301
October 3 October 3 Bla bla bla 301

I have written the rest ... sorting by StartDate and grouping according to
this.

Any assistance for adding the lines, copying the data and changing the date
would be greatly appreciated!
--
Thanks very much. KDJ