Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
BrianMo BrianMo is offline

Default problem with my code for incorrect text box inputs on a userform

On my spreadsheet I have a user form that loads up where their are two text
boxes on for the First Name and another for the Last Name. With the help of
Tom I have created a macro that takes the input from the text boxes and takes
the user to their corresponding range.

The problem I am having is if an incorrect user name is entered such as "Bob
Dole" I get a run time error instead of the message box that is entered in
my code. Below is the code I have. Can someone tell me what is wrong with
my IF rng=nothing I keep getting an object not defined error message on it
when the wrong name is inputed.

Private Sub Login_click()
With UserInterface
On Error Resume Next
Set rng = Worksheets("Employee Tracker").Range( _
.TextboxFirst.Text & "_" & .TextBoxLast.Text)
On Error GoTo 0
If rng Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Bad name, quitting"
Unload UserInterface
ThisWorkbook.Close Savechanges:=False
End If
End With
Worksheets("Employee Tracker").Unprotect Password:="testpass"
Range("A5:N25").Select
Selection.Locked = True
Application.Goto rng, True
Unload UserInterface