Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
moon[_7_] moon[_7_] is offline

Default run-time error 91

You say 'Workbooks.Open...' but you only mention a sheet, so the actual
workbook that you want to open is the object that is missing.
Then, frmOpenWkbk is declared as an object, but a value is never assigned
and you just say:
frmOpenWkbk.Hide, so that's the second 'unidentified object'.

Dim frmOpenWkbk As Object <--- is this a form u made?

Look at this:
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Private Sub OpenWkbk_Click

'declare object variables
Dim wkBook As Workbook
Dim WkSht as Worksheet

'assign values
Set wkBook = Workbooks.Open "test.xls"
Set WkSht = wkBook.Sheets( "mySheet" )

'activate the sheet object
WkSht.Activate

'get the value from a range in the sheet
MsgBox WkSht.Range( "myRange" ).Value

'I guess the form already exists, so
'there's no need to declare it, but just unload
Unload frmOpenWkbk

End Sub

Maybe it's better to tell us what you exactly want, because at this stage
that's not so clear.

"Myriam" schreef in bericht
I'm having trouble with a runtime error 91. I tried to place an "On Error
Resume Next " but it only freezes the user form. What am I missing?

Private Sub OpenWkbk_Click()
Dim frmOpenWkbk As Object
Workbooks.Open Sheets("mySheet").Range("myRange").Value
frmOpenWkbk.Hide
End Sub

Thanks for your help.