Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jmdaniel jmdaniel is offline

Default Filter for Day of the Week

Bob,

This worked as well. I went with Tom's, so I didn't have to throw some steps
in to copy that formula down, but this was a big help as well.

Thanks,
Jeff

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Add a helper column with a formula of say

=AND(TODAY()<=C2,C2<=TODAY()+7-WEEKDAY(TODAY()))

and then filter that column on a value of TRUE

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"jmdaniel" wrote in message
I want to filter some data by, among other things, whether the date in one

of
the columns is between the date the macro runs and Saturday of that week.

The
macro will not always be run on the same day of the week. I searched high

and
low on this board, but found nothing like that. I think what may work is
using a dialog box, where the person running the macro would be asked how
many days until Saturday. I would insert a column into the data that
calculated the number of days between the current date and Saturday, and

any
rows where the number generated by the dialog box was less than or equal

the number showing in my calculated column would be filtered out.

Does that sound like a reasonable solution? Any better ones? I don't know

thing about dialog boxes, but if it will work, I guess I'll do some self
educating....