Paul Sheppard

olimits7 Wrote:
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet that shows the top ten cell phone users for each
month, and I would like to apply some type of conditional formatting so
it highlights all the duplicate names each with its own color.

For example:

John Smith = Fill Yellow
Jack Johnson = Fill Green

Does someone know a way I could do this?

Thanks,

Olimits7

Hi Olimits7

You can use Conditional Formatting, as follows

Select all the cells where you may want the cells filled, then select
Format Conditional Formatting next to "Cell Value is select "equal
to" then in the next box type the name, then click on the "Format"
button, select the "Patterns" tab and choose which ever colour you
want, repeat for other names

Hope this helps

Paul

--