Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba,microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default start learning Excel/VBA, where to start from? Any online video lectures?

Hi Cfman,

I start to learn Excel/VBA... and I know VBA is intimately related to VB, so
I guess I have to learn some VB too...

NOw the question is: from where do I start? From VBA, then Excel, then go to
VB...

or from VB, and then VBA and Excel?

If you want to program Excel AND you don't want to pay for anything, then I
recommend the excel.programming newsgroup as the first resource. From there,
follow links to websites and blogs you find in posts. There are quite a few
Excel-programming sites.

Since you have a reasonably strong programming background, you should pick up
the syntax quickly enough. Getting onto a first-name basis with the object
model will be the bigger challenge: the examples you find in the discussions
and on the sites should help you along with that :-)

One of the best written resources is "Professional Excel Development" by
Bullen, Bovey and Green, from Addison-Wesley. This is NOT beginner-level, and
it's not free :-)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org