Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
phil phil is offline

Default Getting Access data to work in Excel formulas

Data (numbers in this case) imported from an Access database are not
recognized in the Excel worksheet I have them directed to. I have set up a
basic summation formula to add the numbers that are imported from Access...
only after I retouch or re-key the imported numbers will they be recognized
in Excel. The cell format in Excel has been confirmed as a number format. The
numbers are importing left justified in the Excel cell from Access and are
not recognized. After you re-key the number in the Excel cell, they
automatically display as right justified and then is recognized and the
formula will work... any of this make sense? any ideas on how I should
reconfigure the Access database prior to importing to Excel or how to set up
Excel to recognize the imported data differently? Thanks in advance !!