Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default FormulaArray alternative for A1 reference style?

And this is a good reason to always test what you read in xl's help <vbg.

I think that this remark has been wrong in all versions (xl97 to xl2003 for
sure):

If you use this property to enter an array formula, the formula must use the
R1C1 reference style, not the A1 reference style (see the second example).

KR wrote:

I've always used A1 reference style in all my code, formulas, etc. I guess
my brain is just wrapped that way.

Now I need to use VBA code to insert an array formula, because the source
ranges are changed when new data are added, and I need to reset the array
formula to the original ranges again. however, my A1 notation doesn't play
well with FormulaArray.

Is there an alternative? Or, if I use R1C1 notation for just this formula,
will that affect anything else in the workbook?

Should I set my array formulas to use named ranges instead of straight
worksheet references, and use VBA to refresh the named ranges instead?

Thanks!
Keith

--
The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent the
thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my

--

Dave Peterson