Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rp007 Rp007 is offline

Default Excel Addin: preprocessing the data on opening excel files in

Rob,

I tried by Excel COM addin which implements IDTExtensibility2 interface.
This has evnts for OnConnection, OnDisconnection, OnBeginShutDown,
OnCompletStartup, and OnUpdateAddIn events which refers the host application
(EXCEL.exe) life cycle. Afterwards I could not get hold of how to raise this
Excel.Application's WorkbookOpen event.

Is it possible for you to help with code snippet for this.

thanks in advance,
-Ram.

"Robert Bruce" wrote:

Roedd <<Rp007 wedi ysgrifennu:

while opening any excel files (.xls files) in MS EXCEL.EXE, I need to
do some data existence check in that xls file. How do I do this.
Can anybody shares the brief details.
i.e. The user can open any xls file in EXCEL.EXE and my
addin/application should work in back ground and look for the
existence of particular type of data (specific data pattern) then
update some [m,n] cell on the xls file with YES/ NO values etc.,

I tried developing COM Addin using C# but could not get the
corresponding event for opening the exisitng workbook.

Any help would be great and appreciated.

I am using OFFICE 2003 and Visual Studio .Net 2003 on FrameWork v1.1

You need to hook the Excel.Application's WorkbookOpen event which passes the
newly-opened workbook as its argument.

Rob