Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Billy[_6_] Billy[_6_] is offline

Default Do I need If Then?

Well, first let me tell you that there will be many "calling" sheets in
the workbook, of course only 1 active at the time. I would like to
avoid using the mouse if possible, as most of the work is keying in,
and getting the mouse, moving the cursor, selecting, and going back to
the keyboard would not be as fast as pressing Enter [or another key if
need be]. therefore I think I would prefer a keystroke rather than the
mouse. Also, there will be a bunch of "goto" sheets. I would like to
have them hidden, then unhide the one selected to view, and hide again
when finished viewing. Can this be accomplished also. I hate to impose,
but this is way beyond my ability. You have no idea how much this is
helping me in this project!
Billy
PapaDos wrote:
I can show you how to use ENTER to go back to the calling sheet, but it is
not a very good way to do it. We need to assign a macro to the ENTER key and
that is done at the Application level...

A probably better way would be to add a link or a button on your sheets to
go back.

Let me know which method you want to use...
--
Festina Lente

"Billy" wrote:

Billy wrote:
PapaDos wrote:
Sub gotoSheet()
On Error GoTo no_sheet
Sheets(Cells(Selection.Row, "E").Value & Selection.Column).Activate
Exit Sub

no_sheet:
MsgBox "Error activating sheet: " & Cells(Selection.Row, "E").Value &
Selection.Column
Err.Clear
On Error GoTo 0

Festina Lente

"Billy" wrote:
PapaDos,

Thats works! I can make that do what i want. Thanks so very muhcto you,
and to Tom, for all your help!!
Billy

I need a macro that sort of performs a lookup, based on first, the
letter I would input in col. E, and then second, the column that the
curser is in, (which could be any or all cols. from F - P) and then,
when i invoke it, displays a corresponding sheet that will contain a
table I will make that relates to that letter/column combo. I dont know
if it would be an If-Then type procedure or what, but is is certainly
beyond my capability to do. Please not that this letter/column scenario
is repeated on row after row in my spreadsheet, and not just one row.
Thank you very much,

Billy

I hate to ask this PapaDos, but I need one other thing to make this
macro perfect. After the macro takes me to the derired sheet, i would
like to view it only, then press "Enter" to return to the original
sheet and active cell. Thak you again so very much!
Billy