Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
moon[_7_] moon[_7_] is offline

Default COMException With Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel

And two more things...

'range' is a reserved keyword in Excel-Vba, so better replace that name by
'rng' or 'myRange' - whatever.
Then, because it's an object too, you use: Set myRange = ws.Range(5,5)

"frankvfox" schreef in bericht
I'm trying to insert an image into an Excel cell. Please see the following
code. Does
anybody have a way to fix this "COMException"? I thought setting the new
reference in Visual Studio
took care of "wrapping" COM objects for use with .Net?

I can't even get the workbook object established let alone see if the rest
of this works!

Imports Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel

Private Sub Spreadsheet()
Dim i As System.Drawing.Image
Dim xl As New Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application
Dim wb As Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbook
Dim ws As Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Worksheet
Dim range As Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Range
xl.Workbooks.Add(wb) <--------------------------------------- Error
Location
wb.Sheets.Add(ws)
range = ws.Range(5, 5)
i =
System.Drawing.Image.FromFile("C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ capitalprojects\Images\GSImgtmpED6.png")
range.Select()
ws.PasteSpecial(i)
ws.SaveAs("C:\test.xls")
xl.Quit()
i.Dispose()
End Sub

An unhandled exception of type
'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException'
occurred in Scratch.exe

Additional information: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Frank Fox
Hendersonville, Tennessee