Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LINDA LINDA is offline

Default Multiple workbook Match and Index

I have two workbooks. One is produced from a routine run - Workbook1.xls.
The other is a static file with a lookup table in - Lookup1.xls. I want to
take a cell value from Workbook1.xls, find that value in column 1 of
Lookup1.xls, and return a corresponding value from column 3 of Lookup1.xls.
I have been able to do it by putting a formula in a cell in Workbook1 but I
need to do it as part of a macro. The formula I have now is

=INDEX(Lookup1.xls!$A:$C,(MATCH(A2,Lookup1.xls!$A: $A,0)),3)

How do I convert this to a macro? I am running into a problem referencing
the second workbook.

Thanks.