Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nick M[_3_] Nick M[_3_] is offline

Default Update CurDIr??

That would be ideal, but this is for a somewhat standardized process that has
to be able to be moved depending on when it is used.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

curdir returns the current directory for the default drive.

Why not just spell out where you want to open the file

Workbooks.Open Filename:="S:\Myfolder\Filename.xls"

Tom Ogilvy

"Nick M" wrote:

I have written the following code to open a file:

Workbooks.Open Filename:=CurDir & "\FILENAME.XLS"

This was created in a folder on my hard drive, but now that I have moved
everything to a network drive I get errors saying that the file does not
exist because the location is still saved as my hard drive folder.

Is there a command I should be using to update everything before running, or
maybe a better way to name the files that I should be using?

Thanks,
Nick M