Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bill Case Bill Case is offline

Default On entering a textbox problem ??

Thanks Bob:

I give myself a big headsap this morning when I read your answer. "I knew
that." The perils of working late at night!!

Regards Bill

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Add this code

Private Sub HomePhNTxt28_KeyPress(ByVal KeyAscii As MSForms.ReturnInteger)
If KeyAscii = 32 Then
HomePhNTxt28.Text = HomePhNTxt28.Text & " "

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bill Case" wrote in message
Hi;

I have a textbox on a Userform for phone numbers. I want to have the most
likely area code placed in the textbox. I don't want to use a listbox. I
have:

Private Sub HomePhNTxt28_Enter()

HomePhNTxt28 = "(613)"

End Sub

When the user tabs into the Textbox the area code is selected (blue
background)and the cursor is at the end of the '(613)' text -- which is

what
I want. However when any key is pressed the '(613)' text is deleted --
including pressing the spacebar. I would like to set it up so that

deletion
is the result of pressing anything *except* the spacebar.

Pressing the spacebar should only insert a space and then wait for the

user
to input the rest of the phone number.

I am afraid that key manipulation is new to me; I can't even thing of how

properly pose the question on google etc.

Regards Bill