Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FLKulchar FLKulchar is offline

Default Capital Letter

Thank you...

FLKulchar
"Andrew Taylor" wrote in message
ups.com...
=EXACT(A1,UPPER(A1))
will tell you whether the text in A1 is all upper case.

FLKulchar wrote:
HELP ONE MORE TIME PLEASE:

The 2 cells I wish to compare are as follows:

Miami and MIAMI

or

New York and NEW YORK

I wish to determine which cells are ALL capitalized (not the first letter
as
before).

Please advise.

Thanks,

FLKulchar
"FLKulchar" wrote in message
Thank you...

Very good,

FLKulchar
"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote in message
another way

=IF(EXACT(LEFT(A1,1),UPPER(LEFT(A1,1))),"yes","no" )

--

Gary

"F. Lawrence Kulchar"
wrote
in message ...
I have a bunch of cells, say A1 thru A50,

each of which is occupied by a text string, such as...

New York or
chicago or
abc or
Abc

etc, etc,etc.

HOW CAN I TEST EACH CELL FOR...WHETHER OR NOT THE STRING BEGINS WITH
CAPITAL LETTER?????

In other words, chicago will yield..."no"

and, Chicago will yield..."yes".

Please advise,

FLKulchar