Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default ListBox Question

Control toolbox toolbar listbox has listindex
-1 nothing selected
0 first item in list

A forms toolbar listbox has listindex
0 nothign selected
1 first item in list

Perhaps check the value of the list

if CHUpdate.ListThoseShts.Value = "" then

Tom Ogilvy

"Bill" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hello,
I have a list box on a user form that is populated with several sheet
names. If you don't select anything on the list, I want to send a message
to the user that he didn't select a sheet. I have one list box where the
code below works, one where it doesn't. I am using the listindex command
to tell what name has been selected. However, with the code below, the
listindex is 0 when nothing was selected or 0 when the first item on the
list is selected. What could cause that?

If CHUpdate.ListThoseShts.ListIndex = -1 Then
MsgBox "You did not select a worksheet. Please try again."
GoTo 10
End If

Thanks,

Bill