Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default autofill range class failure

Susan,

Reference a post in some other thread which I have lost track of, but
stumbled on your post outside the thread, if you want me to look at
something, send it to me directly

Tom Ogilvy

"Susan" wrote:

tom & jim:
i originally had it as including the starting cell, but when it
wouldn't work i figured that the starting cell couldn't be in the
range. that's why i changed it. but i think having the startcell be a
2-cell range made it work.
thank you!

now, while i have you, tom was trying to teach me to combine
commands.......
can you tell me why this works:
InsRange1.Copy
InsRange2.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll

but this doesn't???
InsRange1.Copy("InsRange2").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll

what am i doing wrong here? it gives me an error "unable to get the
copy property of the range class."
thanks
susan (gratefully feeling much better now!)