zack

Default Delete row 'if'

I would grateful for any assistance, as fairly new to VBA and producing
macros.

On a regular basis I have lists of contacts where I have to manually
delete rows that meet certain criteria. This is a time comsuming
process, that I need to automate.

Each row of data includes fields, eg title,first
name,surname,address,active address,etc.
The data is presorted by 'surname' and then 'firstname'.
One person may appear any number of times.
The 'active address' column is populated with either a 'y' or 'n'.
I need a way to delete any row where an 'n' appears in the
'active_address' column, BUT only if the same person appears on the
line above with a 'y'.
Hope this make sense. Please see example below.
DATE PERSON CODE TITLE FIRST SURNAME ACTIVE ADDRESS
05-Aug-05 193079 MISS Jane Doe Y 12 Smith Street SALFORD M7 4EF
03-Aug-05 193079 MISS Jane Doe Y 12 Smith Street SALFORD M7 4EF
03-Aug-05 193079 MISS Jane Doe N 474 Berry New Road SALFORD M7 4NU
05-Aug-05 193079 MISS Jane Doe N 474 Berry New Road SALFORD M7 4NU
The bottom 2 rows are ones that require deletion.
Kind regards Zack