Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default macro "text to column" for excel

see correction posted in your thread.

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

Sub T()
'
' T Macro
' Macro recorded 9/22/2006 by George Crain
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+a
'
Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=cells(1), DataType:=xlDelimited,
TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False,
Tab:=False, _
Semicolon:=False, Comma:=True, Space:=False, Other:=False, FieldInfo _
:=Array(1, 1)
End Sub

The above MACRO does not execute. I am trying take 1 cell of text data, and
spread it (comma delimited) across 4 cells using the original cell I am in.

Thanks in advance for your help.
G. Crain

" wrote:

I want to automate the "text to column" function. I can created the macro;
however, when I rerun the macro on a new row/cell, it writes back to the
previous row/cell and overwrites what is there.

I need the macro to run in the new row/cell where my cursor is, and then not
rewrite back to any previous work.

Thanks
George Crain