Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matilda Matilda is offline

Default Application.EnableEvents ... Is Local or Global ?

Oh Boy - did I find THIS out the hard way :-((((
Is there any way to bypass worksheet settings at procedure level? I would
like to keep the settings in place, but execution at runtime every time a
sheet is accessed is slowing down my code to glacial speed.

Advice appreciated as always,

Matilda

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

EnableEvents is an application-wide setting -- it affects all
event procedures in all open workbook. There is no built-in way
to enable/disable events for a particular workbook.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"monir" wrote in message
Hello;

Book1.xls and Book2.xls, each has few events.
For editing purposes, if I open Book1 (which has
Application.EnableEvents =
True in its ThisWorkbook Open event module), and then open
Book2 (which has
Application.EnableEvents = False in its ThisWorkbook Open
event), ALL events
in both Book1 and Book2 become disabled !!!

Is this how it supposed to work ???

Thank you.