Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default RightClick Range

if target.cells.count = 1 then

would be equivalent

John wrote:

Hi Jim,

Thanks very much for your reply. Prompted by your example I've decided to
go for:

If Target.Columns.Count = 1 And Target.Rows.Count = 1 Then

as that seems ok for my purpose.

Thanks for the workaround.

Best regards

John

"Jim Cone" wrote in message
I'm guessing there is a lot of code out there with the same problem.
Probably some of mine too.
This seems to work...

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
If Not Target.Rows.Count = Me.Rows.Count Then
If Not Intersect(Range("Orders"), Target) Is Nothing Then
CommandBars("JohnsPopup").ShowPopup
Cancel = True
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"John"
wrote in message
Hi there,
I've added a right click popup menu to a range ("Orders" = A15:E40) that
works fine (bar my other FaceID problem - see "FaceID not available" post
earlier today).
The problem is that if I right click on a row or column header the popup,
pops up which means I loose the standard context menu. Is there an
alternative to the Intersect function that would only detect a cell that's
in the range rather than a whole row that happens to run through the
range?
Thanks in advance
John

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
If Not Intersect(Range("Orders"), Target) Is Nothing Then
CommandBars("JohnsPopup").ShowPopup
Cancel = True

Dave Peterson