Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Array formula

Habib,

I don't think that can be done - arrays can only be entered within array formulas as arrays, not as
cell references, IIRC. And the formulas to extract the values for use would be much more complex
than the simple =$A3*C3 style that you can use now.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have a table of prices - a base price and a series of discounts on it as price levels.
These are currently held as
ListPrice, Discount1, Discount2, ... , Price1 = ListPrice * Discount1, Price2=...

Discounts 1 through 5 usually follow a few predictable patterns and I want to replace the many
discount columns with
one column containing an array of values
{10,11,12,14,16}

What formula would I use for Prices 1 through 5 that would give me
Listprice * Array(1), ListPrice * Array(2) ...

Thanks in advance
Habib

--
www.DynExtra.com
A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community