Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Data being saved in error (?)

ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges = False

should be

ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False

Tom Ogilvy

"NewBike" wrote:

Hi all...
I am running a pretty long series of reports. The data is refreshed daily
via iSeries data file transfers, and is then brought into several different
reports/spreadsheets.

However, I just noticed, that one data file keeps getting overwritten - how
I am not sure since there is no command to save the file any where in my
code. The chunk of code that is causing the proplem rearranges some columns
then filters the data file based on one column, copies the range of
information and pastes it to the report file.

Fairly simple I thought... until I noticed the data filed saved with the
rearranged columns and filtered on the last criteria used. To close the
file, I used:
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Windows("data.xls").Activate
ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges = False

Would an autofilter cause the file to save on its own? I need this data to
save back to the original format so I can use it in other reports.