Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default External Commands?

You should be able to adapt any of these to VBA (0r most of them)

http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/internet/index.html
Randy Birch's site
Look down the list to see code related to PING.

Tom Ogilvy

"Linn Kubler" wrote:

Hi,

This is probably beyond what an Excel Macro can do but I thought I'd ask
anyhow. Using Excel 2003, is it possible to run windows commands from
within Excel and return the results to a spreadsheet? What I'm trying to do
is ping a range of IP addresses, 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.100, and return the
results to a worksheet so I can see what IP addresses are already assigned
on my network and what they are assigned to. My predesesor didn't bother to
keep a list of used IP addresses.

Thanks in advance,
Linn